I love recipes that are simple where I can find all the ingredients in my fridge and don’t have to buy anything extra or special. When I usually buy fusion ingredients, they either end up expiring or taking up too much space in my pantry as I don’t use them too often. And if you still don’t have all the ingredients in your kitchen then you can find them in any grocery store to pick up on your next grocery run.
This Thai-Style Chicken Skewer marinade is simple and bursting with flavour! The turmeric gives it a beautiful colour and the ginger gives it the kick you need. I made a side of healthy fried rice to go with it, you can find the recipe right here. Toss the leftovers in pita or tortilla bread the next day for some delicious wraps!
We love to BBQ and this definitely made it on the grill, however you can also bake them in the oven.
- 5 pieces boneless chicken, cut into cubes
- 2/3 cups canned coconut milk OR 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp ginger, minced
- 2 tbsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 lime juice squeezed
- 1 tbsp lime zest
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 sweet peppers, sliced into cubes
For Garnish (optional):
- Green onions
- Slice your chicken into cubes or wide strips, so you can thread them onto your skewers.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all the ingredients except for the sweet peppers.
- Add your chicken pieces to the marinade, cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes (up to 4 hours for a deeper flavour).
- Remove from fridge and thread your chicken and sweet peppers onto skewers. I placed two pieces of chicken followed by a piece of pepper.
- Preheat your grill and cook your skewers for 4-5 minutes on each side until cooked through.
- Garnish with any of the toppings, if desired.
Soak skewers in water to avoid burning and overcooking.
After skewing the chicken, shake off any excess sauce to ensure chicken cooks evenly.