I absolutely love fried rice. It’s wholesome, packed with veggies and very satisfying enough to eat on its own as a meal.
It’s a great way to empty your fridge and pairs very well with salmon, chicken, steaks or keep it vegetarian with sliced avocados or an egg!
This is how I make my healthy fried rice.
- 1 cup brown rice, cooked
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups cabbage, sliced thinly
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 yellow or white onion, sliced
- ½ cup corn
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp ginger, chopped finely
- ½ cup sliced scallions
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 egg
- Cook your brown rice according to package and set aside.
- Heat olive oil and sauté your vegetables, start with your onions, carrots and cabbage and cook until onion is translucent and vegetables are tender about 5-7 minutes.
- Add garlic, ginger, corn and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Spice with black pepper, garlic powder.
- Add your cooked rice and soy sauce, mix until well combined for 1 minute.
- Garnish with scallions.
- Optional- in a pan, crack an egg and cook sunny side up style. Season with salt and pepper. Place it on top of your rice bowl.
You can find a Thai Coconut Chicken Skewer recipe here to pair with your fried rice.